Join 533 other subscribers
Where anyone over 18 can share thoughts and ideas on RPGs.
D&D 5E – Revised Character Sheets are Coming
This is the first of my newly revised Character Sheets. This one 4 pages and is for Clerics only. You can download it HERE.
UPDATE: The new character sheets are available now. For the most recent auto-calculate Character Sheets click HERE.
I will be posting all of the new character sheets in another post as soon as I have them ready.
It is well past time for an update to my form fillable character sheets. (You can find that version HERE.) They are in need of several minor changes and fixes but they have always had a couple of major flaws that the new ones are addressing. The biggest problem is that they have a single sheet for all spellcasters to use for tracking their spells. In trying to handle all classes it doesn’t do a very good job for any specific class. Also, each different class has different things that need to be tracked (such as KI points for Monks or Rages for Barbarians). The other problem is that it doesn’t handle multiclass characters well.
To fix those problems and others I am in the process of creating a separate character sheet for each character class and another one for multiclass characters.
I will be creating a new “Filling in the 5E Character Sheet Box by Box” post for the new character sheets (you can find the existing one HERE.) In the mean time, if you are going to be trying out the Cleric sheet, here are a few changes you need to know about:
- You can’t enter your characters speed directly on page 1. You must go to page 2 and enter the base speed under “Race”. This speed will be displayed in the box labelled “speed” on page 1. Under that box is a grey rectangle where you can enter any adjustments to the base speed.
- Also page 2 is where you do your armor class calculations. Put a check by No Armor, Light Armor, Medium Armor or Heavy Armor and enter the armor class adjustment that your specific armor provides. Your base Armor Class will be calculated. If you are using a shield, put a check there and your shield will be added to the total armor class. That will be shown on page 1. Under the shield you can list a couple of protective items and their boost to your armor class. These will also be added to the AC that shows on page 1. On each type of armor (or no armor) you can add any magical or miscellaneous adjustments.
- I have added a grey rectangle beside each ability’s saving throw where you can enter modifiers that will be applied to those.
- I darkened the grey ability names (STR, Dex, etc.) so they could be more easily read and added a grey rectangle next to them where modifiers could be added at Proficiencies, Passive Perception and Initiative modifier.
- I added a place to enter your current Initiative next to Inspiration. Don’t confuse this with the box labelled Initiative that is next to the box for speed. That box is for your Initiative modifier.
- I added a permanent “coin purse” to the “Other Equipment” list. This will calculate the weight of all of the coins you enter in the “Treasure” box. 50 coins = 1 pound.
- I added a check box (actually a circle) for each line of equipment. Only items that are checked will be used to calculate the “Total Weight Carried”. That should make it easier to track items you have but are not carrying, or perhaps they are inside a bag of holding.
- The biggest change is on Page 4. This page will be different for each Class. It will calculate Spell Slots, Cantrips Known, Spells Prepared, Spell Save DC, Spell Attack Modifier and other things for other classes. I am no longer trying to provide room for spell descriptions. These are best handled with spell cards, or in some cases a printed spell book (refer to my posts HERE and HERE.) I have tried to leave enough room for more than just the spell name. What I would do is enter a symbol to indicate if the spell is (C) concentration, (R) ritual, or sometimes (T) casting time. There is also room to indicate which book the spell is found in if it isn’t from the PHB. For the Cleric and some others, when you get to higher levels there may not be enough room to list all available spells, but there should be enough room to list all of the spells you might want to use. Please let me know if this becomes a problem.
For those of you who are interested, please give this a hard palytest. Try to break it. Let me know if something doesn’t work, needs improvement or if you just have a question. Thank you.
I will try to get the rest of these finished and posted as quickly as I can.