Dungeon Master Assistance

A place to share thoughts and ideas about Dungeons and Dragons

D&D5E – Character Sheet [rev7]

7 Page Character Sheet

Download your free copy here.

I cleaned up my 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons auto-fill Character Sheet and added some pages. I received comments that there wasn’t enough room on the old sheets to enter all of the needed information.
The original 4 pages haven’t changed much, other than adding room for a few magic items and for spell descriptions. I added a full sheet for more spells and their descriptions. There is also a sheet for Traits, Feats and Features. And another one for Magic Items.

The biggest addition is below:

Class Feature Sheets

One page for each sub-class for each of the classes in the Player’s Handbook.

I created these for an easier way for the players to remember their class features/abilities without having to write everything down. You can print off a sheet for each sub class so you don’t have to try and remember all the features or fill in your character sheet with features when it eventually becomes overloaded.

Barbarian (includes Berserker an Totem Warrior)
Bard (includes Colleges of Lore and Valor)
Cleric (includes the Domains of Knowledge, Life, Nature, Tempest, Trickery and War)
Druid (includes the Circles of the Land and the Moon)
Fighter (includes Battle Master, Champion and Eldritch Knight)
Monk (includes Ways of Shadow, the Four Elements and the Open Hand)
Paladin (includes Oaths of Devotion, the Ancients and Vengeance)
Ranger (includes Beast Master and Hunter)
Rogue (includes Arcane Trickster, Assassin and Thief)
Sorcerer (includes Draconic Bloodline and Wild Magic)
Warlock (includes the Archfey, the Fiend and the Great Old One Patrons)
Wizard (Includes the Schools Adjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy and Transmutation)

Download your free copies by clicking on the links above.

Each pdf file contains a separate page for each of the sub classes. For the sub classes that don’t require a full sheet, I included spaces for you to add information for more traits, feats or features.

The information on these sheets is intended as a reminder of the major effects of each of the features. As such, the feature descriptions are abbreviated. Please refer to the Player’s Handbook for the full descriptions. One abbreviation I should explain – When it says (1/rest), that indicates that it can be used one time between a long or short rest. (1/long rest) is one per long rest.

Advertisements

29 responses to “D&D5E – Character Sheet [rev7]

1. dmdungeon September 21, 2017 at 3:23 pm

What an amazing Job on these. I’m very impressed with the detail you have put into making the new sheets.

Thought I finally leave a note on how much what you do here is appreciated. I’ve directed others here for things and never a bad comment.

Thanks again for a great resource.

JT

• Ronny September 21, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Thank you very much!
      I have been working on these for a long time. I usually am the DM, but I realized the need for the Class Feature Sheets when I played a Barbarian in a game a friend was running. What I didn’t fully realize when I started making these was how many I would have to make. I ended up making a total of 40 different sub-class sheets.
      I appreciate you taking the time to post your comment.

Liked by 1 person

2. Pingback: D&D 5E – Character Sheet Makeover [rev6] | Dungeon Master Assistance

3. Pingback: D&D 5E – Character Sheet – Rev5 | Dungeon Master Assistance

4. Pingback: D&D 5E – Character Sheet Update | Dungeon Master Assistance

5. Pingback: Character Sheet Fixed | Dungeon Master Assistance

6. Pingback: D&D 5E – Character Sheet – Autofill (rev4) | Dungeon Master Assistance

7. Pingback: D&D 5E – Character Sheet – Autofill | Dungeon Master Assistance

8. Pingback: D&D 5E – Character Sheet | Dungeon Master Assistance

9. Marn Manders October 10, 2017 at 2:27 am

Amazing job on these,
    1 small thing though it seems like in the Bard sheets you have switched the Bonus Proficiencies between the 2 archtypes =)

10. Nathan October 13, 2017 at 6:40 am

This is a brilliant sheet with almost everything in it. Thank you so much for such a great tool for us newbies.

• Ronny October 13, 2017 at 8:11 am

Thanks. But its not just for newbies. You may find if helpful, but so do I. And I have been paying for about 40 years!

• Ronny October 13, 2017 at 8:23 am

You might be interested in the WHY of these sheets. There have been too many times in the past that I had a character sheet for a character that had been playing for some time and on his sheet there would be a number (such as how many points are added to the attack roll for a particular weapon) and the question would be asked as to where that number came from. Then it would take several minutes to go back and re-calculate all of the bonuses (magical bonus, dexterity or strength bonus, proficiency bonus, some other bonus for any number of reasons such as race, class or background for example) so I wanted a sheet that would clearly show where all of those bonuses came from.
      The rest is so I wouldn’t have to keep referring to the PHB and to act as a quick reminder of what a PC can do.

11. Pingback: How To Build A Great Character – Nerd Night, Round 2!

12. Daniel Durham November 18, 2017 at 6:44 pm

these character sheets are awesome and I don’t want to be that guy, (what guy? that guy!) but you are missing a line, and its a line that WotC character sheets are also missing and that is a line for deities. I do think you can see how important that information would be, especially for clerics.

• Ronny November 19, 2017 at 9:57 am

Thank you Daniel. Excellent point. I will be sure to add that on the next revision. It will not be any time soon though.
      I can certainly see how this information would be important for clerics and possibly paladins. For most other classes it may not be as important. Although the deities that the PCs worship may play an important part in some DM’s campaigns, they have never played a big role in the games that I have ran. I guess that is why I forgot to include it.
      For now, there is plenty of room on the notes section on the first page to enter that information.

13. scrapsofhome November 24, 2017 at 7:26 am

This is just what I needed!
    Thank you!

14. Aaron M. Litz December 7, 2017 at 8:33 am

These are beautiful, my friend, and I thank you for you effort. I will be using them with pride.

• Aaron M. Litz December 7, 2017 at 8:42 am

I accidentally hit “Post Comment” before I was done. πŸ™‚

I also wanted to say how much I love the 1st Edition styling of your sheets, it brings a sparkle to the eyes of us old-timers. One thing I would like to ask is if you perhaps planned to add additional sheets for the new subclasses added in the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide and Xanathar’s Guide to Everything? I personally would especially love to see Class Feature Sheets for the Wizard Arcane Tradition of Bladesinger and the Bard College of Swords. Pages for all of the new subclasses would be wonderful and welcome additions to your beautiful character sheet.

Again, thank you for your beautiful work.

• Ronny December 7, 2017 at 10:56 am

Aaron,
        Thank you for your kind comments. I’m glad that you like these.
        It was not my original intent to add classes from any of the supplemental publications, but these are becoming so popular that I guess that I will have to add them. One of my subscribers has volunteered to work on some of these. So far he has only done the Sword Coast rogue, but it is looking really good.
        As you can imagine, these are all quite labor intensive and real work tends to get in the way, but stay tuned. I should have these sometime before this time next year.

• Daniel Durham December 8, 2017 at 9:52 am

If you are interested, I am willing to give you a hand and work on the supplemental character class.

• ryokomocha December 11, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Ronny,
        I can imagine all the hard work and great effort put into these, and that is one of the reasons why I thank you so much for them, the other reason being their pure nostalgic beauty (not not *just* nostalgia, these are truly better laid out, and of course *much* roomier, than the official sheets.) Please don’t take my comments as exhortations to rush them, nor as a demand to drop everything else and complete them immediately… I fully understand these are a labor of love and appreciate them all the more for that reason. Finish them at the pace you are able and I am positive they will be worth the wait!

Thank you again for your effort and your time. πŸ™‚

• Ronny December 8, 2017 at 11:15 am

Daniel,
        That would be great. Click on the “Legal” tab above to find my email address. Email me and we can discuss it. I will provide you whatever need.
        Thanks a lot for volunteering.
        Ronny

15. Pingback: D&D 5E – Character Sheet Instructions | Dungeon Master Assistance

16. Tom January 22, 2018 at 11:13 am

These sheets are amazing. I am starting my first 5e game in Feb, and these are exactly what I was looking for. While the official sheets do the job, they don’t have enough room for everything I like having on a character sheet. I will definitely be using your 7 page sheet for my character.

One question though, is there any plans for adding Xanathar’s Guide and Unearthed Arcana to the class sheets?

• Ronny January 22, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Thank you very much! I am glad that you like it. I created these for exactly the reasons you mentioned.
      It was not my original intent to add classes from any of the supplemental publications, but you are not the first to ask for these.
      So, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything yes. Unearthed Arcana no. As explained on page 4 of XGtE, the content of the Unearthed Arcana are designed partially for play-testing. Some of it made its way into XGtE but some of it may never become “official”.
      One of my followers has volunteered to put this into my format. Another volunteered to do the same with the Sword Coast. If that ever happens, I will make it available here. If not, I intend to do it myself, eventually. Sorry, but it may be quite some time before any of that happens. As you have probably guessed, this is very labor intensive.
      Stay tuned.