Advertisements

Dungeon Master Assistance

A place to share thoughts and ideas about Dungeons and Dragons

D&D 5E – Simplified Rules – Version 5

5.0-EZ Version 5

Download your free copy here.

A supplement to fifth edition dungeons and dragons for those who prefer simpler rules or want an easy way to introduce the game to new players.

This version is a major re-write after play-testing the previous version. The changes mainly relate to bringing the rules more in line with those in the Player’s Handbook to make it easier for a new player to transition from this to the full set of rules found there.

Advertisements

7 responses to “D&D 5E – Simplified Rules – Version 5

1. Anonymous December 31, 2017 at 1:28 pm

I just may have to try this rule set with my new players!

2. Stephane Bellehumeur January 16, 2018 at 4:50 am

Hi Ronny,

I’m so GLAD you added more classes and races. Thnak you so much for putting this for us. This is truly appreciated as time goes by, i have no more interest in heavy set rules. I have a big, big favour to ask, Is there a way to get 5.0-EZ Version 5 in word format ? I assume you wrote it first in such format before converting to PDf, right ? I’m asking since I intend to add my house rules and having to blank-out things and/or overwrite would make your book a bit odd. My email is stephane.b.1971 AT gmail.com. Cheers !

• Ronny January 16, 2018 at 8:39 am

Stephane,

Actually, I created it in Microsoft’s Publisher 2013. However, I was able to export the text only into a word format file (.doc file). I am afraid that the formatting is all lost, but if you want it I put it here in case someone else might want it too. You can download it here:

• Anonymous January 16, 2018 at 9:53 am

Wow ! This is FANTASTIC ! I’ll be able to copy and past and adapt it as I see it fit. I know this is OGL but your name and credits will mentioned in my final version of 5.0-EZ Version 5.

Again, thank you ! May Gary Gigax with, for ever.

• Ronny January 16, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Just to clarify. This is not OGL. It is simply a fan produced supplement to an existing game. Fill free to use it as you see fit. Just don’t charge for it and make it clear that it requires the use of the Player’s Handbook, The Dungeon Master’s Guide and the Monster Manual.

3. Stef B January 19, 2018 at 8:53 am

Thank you for the clarifications, I’ll be careful.

Liked by 1 person